Re: Labels for CD's

Subject: Re: Labels for CD's
From: "Shalanna (Denise) Weeks" <dgweeks -at- SPDMAIL -dot- SPD -dot- DSCCC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 16:06:53 -0500

> My department is currently preparing to release some of our documentation on
> CD. But we would like to display our company logo on the face of the CD.
> Do any of you know of a product or service that provides CD-shaped labels,
> or any other means of decorating the face of the CD?

At the risk of cross-pollinating the RubberStampers' list, I can say that
I know for sure that DSC Communications, where I work, is using a serial
number rubber stamp on each deliverable CD. (We deliver software
releases to customers on recordable CD-Roms.) I think they are just using
a plain old office stamp pad (dye-based) and it's just a rubber stamp like
you would buy anyplace they sell office supplies, although they did
investigate going to an art stamp shop and getting all sorts of stamps
done like those things that school libraries used to use to stamp "Date
Due" on books. Their stamp needs to have release numbers on it. Doesn't
have logo. Logo might be touchier to smear or whatever--you'd want to try
this method out with junk CDs and an office supply stamp and see how it
works for you.

You don't want to go sticking labels on CDs. It's going to gum up
somebody's works or peel off or whatever.

They can make the CDs (if you are having them pressed pre-recorded) with
your logo for extra money, but if you are doing what DSC does, and
recording them custom, you'll have success rubber-stamping it.

To find a custom stamp vendor who will make you a stamp of your company
logo, you can look on the RubberStampers List. You won't want to
subscribe, but why not write a message to the list and ask for private
email replies? I know that at least two vendors will press custom designs
for you. You can post to the list at

rubberstampers -at- firewall -dot- genie -dot- net

And remember to ask for email private replies. We get 100+ messages every
few hours. So subscribing isn't a casual thing. <GRIN>

Shalanna
dgweeks -at- spd -dot- dsccc -dot- com