Re: Time to go? (Working for startups)

Subject: Re: Time to go? (Working for startups)
From: Paul Kennedy <pkennedy -at- SNTC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 15:02:25 -0500

Regarding an earlier posting:
However, if you're just starting out in the technical writing field and
have some money to live on, such a company might be a good place to get
experience and move ahead in the industry. I value the experience I had
working for those small startup companies, but I wouldn't task such
risky ventures again unless I was adequately paid -- with cash.

Working in a startup is rewarding and it is a great place to get
experience. I'm not certain that "if you're just starting out" you can
easily secure a position in a startup. Usually, the writer in that
environment needs to be fairly well seasoned.

Paul Kennedy
Senior Technical Writer

SNT, Inc.
13805 1st Avenue North