Re: Speak up for degrees -- NOT

Subject: Re: Speak up for degrees -- NOT
From: Bill Jenkins <bjenkins -at- IADFW -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 14:33:15 -0500

Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM was recently heard to say:

> > Exactly what does having a degree have to do with being educated?
>
> What does having a license have to do with being able to drive a car?
>
> This has *got* to be the dumbest comeback I've ever seen on this thread!
> Unless, of course, you can demonstrate that it's illegal to be educated
> without a degree, the snappy comeback, while cute, is completely
> irrelevant. You're doing your cause more harm than good with such
> knuckleheadedness.

I actually thought about that, and probably could have been less
brief, like a good TW. That's not my temperament, though. And if
you'll notice, we're talking about being *able* to drive a car, not
being *allowed* to drive a car.

--
Bill Jenkins bjenkins -at- iadfw -dot- net

"It is a civilization committed to the quest for continually
improved means to carelessly examined ends."