Using Translation Services

Subject: Using Translation Services
From: Robbie Rupel <robbie -at- NENE -dot- CMS-STL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 14:04:26 CST6CDT

Greetings!

My company is considering having the documentation (paper and
online) translated into several languages (French, Spanish, and
German for sure; others may be added). I have been asked to gather
information about and experiences using translation companies.

I am looking for "war stories" anyone is willing to share about
having their documentation translated by an outside company. What
company did you use? How did they learn the technical aspects of your
product? Were they easy to work with? How accurate were the
translations? Would you use them again? What would you do different
the next time?

If you have had your documentation translated by an outside company
and are willing to talk about your experiences, please respond to me
at the address below.

Thanks for you help!

Robbie Rupel
Lead Technical Writer