Re: Ending a sentence with a preposition (#897726)

Subject: Re: Ending a sentence with a preposition (#897726)
From: "Cheverie, Paul [Cont]" <paul -dot- cheverie -at- GPO -dot- CANADA -dot- CDEV -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 14:03:00 EDT

The actual quote is from Churchill and is: "This is the kind of arrant
pedantry up with which I will not put".
Apparently it was Churchill's response to an editors comment on his History
of the English Speaking Peoples regarding his excessive use of split
infinitives. I can't exactly remember where I got this little Churchillian
jewel, but I'm guessing that it came from his son's biography of him
Regards
Paul C.
paul -dot- cheverie -at- gpo -dot- canada -dot- cdev -dot- com