The Longest Goodbye Ever!

Subject: The Longest Goodbye Ever!
From: Moshe Koenig <alsacien -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 20:55:08 PDT

After I spilled my guts out telling everyone about the project I walked
out on (oh no, it's got me in such a state that I end with a preposition!),
it comes back to me that I have to find a way to ease out with more grace.
Why? Because the Israeli market is small and limited, and some people have
more power than others. It's a quid pro quo market, and having it written
in the annals of history that I jumped ship may come back to haunt me.

This is getting to be downright monotonous! I've learned a lot from the
messages you've all sent, and it did make me feel a bit more sure of
myself -- and now THIS! It's as if I have to find a way to stay "a bit"
involved, when I know fully well in this case that it's going to be
like saying a woman is "a little pregnant". In other words, no such
animal exists in this world.

Will I ever live to see this thing die? If there were personal grudges
or ill will, it would be different, and I do believe in the product,
but I feel I'm losing my life here. I have no intention of being a
martyr for any project, and this is annoying me to no end.

I've seen that the many people who have written seem to concur on most
points and back them up with very strong experience, so it's helped
me take a new perspective on things. The question is really to myself
now: stay attached or cut free, with all the implications therein?

- Moshe

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-