Indexing Solution???

Subject: Indexing Solution???
From: Nancy Lynch <lynchmob -at- COMLAND -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 12:00:55 -0600

I, a tech writing student, have been following the discussion on indexing
with much . . . fear! I've only done it once on a project and simply did
what Word told me to do: QED.

But I was wondering about a technique I saw and liked in the Michel/Coleman
*The Best Mac Tips Ever* manual. They simply number each section and the
hey with page numbers. The reference numbers ran consecutively through the
book from Idea #1 through Idea #376.

I realize this is too simplistic for many applications -- but couldn't the
theory be applied?

I'd like to benefit from your experiences before I hit the job market
myself (tee hee!).

Nancy Lynch
The Lynch Mob
end

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-