Re: The Right Stuff

Subject: Re: The Right Stuff
From: "Gravlin, Bob and Betty" <rbg -at- TETRANET -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 20:28:43 -0500

Last week, someone asked what it takes to be a technical writer. I wonder if
personality type has something to do with it. Do learning styles influence the
choice of Tech Comm as a career or the types of writing we like to do?

I am issuing a challenge: Take the online Keirsey Temperment Sorter test at:
http://sunsite.unc.edu/jimbin/mb.pl
then sent the results of your score to me at rbg -at- tetranet -dot- net -dot- For an interpretation of the test, go to
http://www.gsu.edu/~dschjb/wwwmbti.html
Include the type of tech comm you like to do. I will summarize the results and
send them to TECHWR-L. This might explain why we have poets and muscians in a tech profession. My type is INFJ.

You can also get the test from the book "Please Understand Me". This book
explains the connection between personality type and career choices. It was
a real eye-opener that helped me understand why programmers and editors
act the way they do. As the book says, different is not inferior. We need people
of all types to get the job done.

Adios,
Betty Gravlin, rbg -at- tetranet -dot- net

<<application/ms-tnef>>