Respect and bitter beginnings...

Subject: Respect and bitter beginnings...
From: Jeff Moore <moore -at- HAD -dot- HORIBA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 09:37:08 EDT

No musician here, but I do get respect where I work.
Several of the programmers here are musicians. In fact the
lead programmer I worked with for the last year has a
degree in piano performance (or something like that).
Several times I've heard people remark that many of the
programmers are also skilled musically and/or with
foreign languages.

I'm also a pastor, with many overlapping skills for
tech writing. Not the least of which are listening
carefully and communicating clearly with reference to
the needs of my audience for practical application.

Jeff Moore
Technical Communication
Writeway Management/Horiba Industries
Ann Arbor, MI
moore -at- had -dot- horiba -dot- com

"Rem tene, verba sequentur."
(Grasp the subject and the words will follow.)
Cato the elder

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-