Re: Respect or no/Manuals by the inch

Subject: Re: Respect or no/Manuals by the inch
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 13:11:24 GMT

In article <H00002a20c6f1d57 -at- MHS>, David Somers <David -dot- SOMERS -at- st -dot- com> writes:
|> Just to add my 2 centimes worth (sine I'm current sitting in
|> France)...
|>
|> re: manuals by the inch:
|> I had a meeting yesterday with my project leader to got through some
|> documentation that I'd put together. His main comment 'Its too big;
|> reduce the page count in half.'

[...]

I'm chuckling.

There's a lot to be said for smaller documentation sets. There is also a
lot to be said for intuitive interfaces, fewer superfluous features, and
superior hardware and software design to render excessive product
documentation unnecessary. Say *that* at a development meeting when doc
set size comes up, and see what happens to your respect level. Hah!
--
Len Olszewski My opinions; you go get your own.
saslpo -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com