Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 6 Sep 1996 to 7 Sep 1996

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 6 Sep 1996 to 7 Sep 1996
From: marilyn barrett oleary <MOLEARY -at- LSUVM -dot- SNCC -dot- LSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 10:53:14 CDT

Responding to Vanessa Wilburn: editing too harsh? I agree with most suggestions
and would like to add one:Make text changes on a separate page in memo form, g
iving the reasons for changes in nonthreatening terms. I always give a new vers
ion of a statement or a substitute word as a suggestion they might want to cons
ider, and I always add"or another word that is as clear and appropriate" They'l
l usually use my suggestion because it is easier than thinking up another one.
I never mark things as "awkward" "wordy" or poorly organized. I ask questions t
hat demonstrate those qualities.Keep trying, Vanessa. Marilyn Barrett O'Leary,
Louisiana Sea Grant College Program, LSU, moleary -at- lsuvm -dot- sncc -dot- lsu -dot- edu