Re: Converting Interleaf 5 Publications to Microsoft Word 7.0

Subject: Re: Converting Interleaf 5 Publications to Microsoft Word 7.0
From: "Parks, Beverly L." <parksb -at- HUACHUCA-EMH7 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 07:25:00 MST

Erika Cilengir wrote:
>----------
Can anyone out there recommend a vendor capable of converting
Interleaf 5.4 publications to Microsoft Word 7.0 (for the PC)?

Erika, I don't know which message you sent first: this one or the one
asking for a comparison between Ileaf and Word. This one makes it look
like you've already made the decision!

My organization recently moved from Interleaf 5.4 (UNIX) to MS Word 7.0
(Windows 95). The decision was made by people who use neither (i.e.,
management). The change was forced on us; we had no say in the matter.
("We" being the employees who actually use the software.) If this is
what has happened where you work, you have my sympathy. OTOH, if you have
the option of keeping Interleaf, DO IT!

Though I've come to appreciate Word the more I use it, the two tools are
not even in the same class of software. I'd take back Interleaf in a
heartbeat.

Oh, as for your conversion question, I can't help you. I haven't had to
deal with that. Sorry. 8-(

If the polls are still open, my vote is for Interleaf.

Bev Parks
parksb -at- huachuca-emh7 -dot- army -dot- mil