Re: Schools list--Comprehensive as of today

Subject: Re: Schools list--Comprehensive as of today
From: Michelle Nichols/VENTANA <Michelle_Nichols/VENTANA -dot- ITP -at- LGATE -dot- VMEDIA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 16:40:23 EDT

OK, I'll add my alma mater to the list: North Carolina State University. It
has an MS in Technical Communication that gives a good grounding in the basics
of theory and application for technical communication. It is slowly building
up its specialties, such as online documentation and human-computer
interaction.

I graduated from the program last May, taking classes mainly at night, one at a
time, while I worked full time. Its a very solid program, but perhaps not as
technologically advanced as some of these others are sounding. Brad
Mehlenbacher, one of the key experts in the online arena, is one of the
professors there and directed my thesis.

It has undergraduate (BA and BS) degrees in writing, but it is not geared
towards technical writing per se.

Thanks,
Michelle Nichols