Microsoft Trademark Summary (long, possibly off-topic)

Subject: Microsoft Trademark Summary (long, possibly off-topic)
From: Beth Baxter <bethb -at- MCSDALLAS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 22:24:38 GMT

Mellow Greetings,

I recently asked the list to help me track down trademark information on
Microsoft products, specifically Windows NT. Thanks to the respondents, I was
able to answer the questions of our marketing guys, and we all held hands and
wept with joy.

What is interesting is that some people said Windows NT is a trademark and
others said it is a registered trademark. Even Microsoft seems a little
confused on the subject since they cite it both ways in their Web pages.

In the end I decided to trust the lawyers (...nah, too easy) and cite it as a
registered trademark. One response I got was especially helpful:

1. Connect to http://www.microsoft.com.technet

2. Click TechNet News

3. Click Legal Information

4. Click Microsoft Corporation Trademarks

This gives you a list of Microsoft products and their respective trademarks.
The list is dated July 1996, which is recent enough for me. Anyway, thanks
again for your help.

Beth Baxter
bethb -at- mcsdallas -dot- com