Reorganization Questions

Subject: Reorganization Questions
From: John Bell <johnb -at- C-STONE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 09:20:22 -0400

Betsy Perry <betsyp -at- VNET -dot- NET> wrote:
> o Show them that your interruptions, far from slowing them down, can
> actually save developer time by pointing out inconsistencies in the
> design before they become bugs in the code.

I also point out that my job on the team is to communicate the genius of what
the developers create to the end users. After this bit of flattery, I then give the
developers a choice. They can explain their work once to me and I'll write it up
for the end users, or they can answer the phones when the end users call and
they can explain it themselves. Either way the users MUST be told about what
the product does. I've never had a developer decide on the phone support option,
even facetiously. Once I explain it this way, they are most willing to tell me
what they are creating.

--- John Bell
johnb -at- c-stone -dot- com