Re: APPENDIX/APPENDIXES

Subject: Re: APPENDIX/APPENDIXES
From: ArtElser -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 13:23:16 -0400

In a 29 August post, Julie Hansen <julie -at- CTL -dot- COM -dot- CY> asks about appendex

>We are producing a large manual in which the chapters are NOT numbered:
>1.,1.1, 1.2, 2., ... We also have a number of topics we want to include in
the
>appendix area. SO do we have:

>Chapter 1
> Topic 1
> Topic 2

<snip>

>different options for appendexes

My suggestion is that you do some testing with your users to see which
options they find most useful and usable. We can only guess what they may
like, but they will tell you which options are the best for them.

Wouldn't worry whether you use appendixes or appendices. Both seem
acceptable, with appendixes becoming more common as we move away from a
society that recognizes the older spelling of words.

Art Elser
Comtech Services, Inc.
art -dot- elser -at- comtech-serv -dot- com