Re: Alternatives to Acrobat Search

Subject: Re: Alternatives to Acrobat Search
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 13:46:10 +0000

Bill H's words:
> To answer your original question regarding Searching on the Internet, I
> also looked to Adobe's WWW site. (snip)
> If you want to allow your users to do more complex searching, there are
> a lot of other search engines out there that are available for use on
> the internet. For starters, I'd try a program called Simple
>Search. (snip)

To whomever the original poster was & others:

I believe the recommended search engine for a web site that will
search both HTML and PDF was developed by Verity with cooperation
from Adobe. There should be more info at the Adobe and Verity sites.

I believe the Verity search engine is included with some site
software, such as the Netscape server software that we will soon
be switching to.

I first heard about the Verity search engine from the Acrobat
lists. If you are really into (or getting into) PDF/Acrobat,
consider posting your questions there. Try
pdf-l -at- emrg -dot- com

Regards,
LaVonna

LaVonna F. Funkhouser lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com
COREComm Webmaster

http://www.corecomm.com/corecomm/