Re: Direct e-mail

Subject: Re: Direct e-mail
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 12:30:58 -0400

> Has
> anyone else on this list received messages from the domain
> "moneyworld.com" or "juno.com"?

Isn't juno.com one of those "free email accounts for life" places that
sells ad space? I think I tried one of their accounts about 6 months ago,
when I was shoppping around for another ISP. Every time you log on to
check your mail, you get hit in the face with a screen full of ads.

>If not, has anyone had any experience
> with junk e-mail before? Just wondering.

Yeah. Every few months there is a rash of these. As near as I can tell,
the perpetrators slurp up addresses from mailing lists and newsgroup
posting, then bombard their victims with junk. Usually a simple request to
be removed from their address book does the trick. If not, an email
message to the postmaster or system administrator at the ISP can be
effective.

@Kat ___________________________________ katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting Services, Rochester, NY
Technical writing / Editing / Document design

"Sorry the terminology is so confusing, but that's what hap-
pens when you let computer people run around unmuzzled."
Bryan Pfaffenberger, _Publish It On The Web!_