Marketing Communications Writer -- CA-Bay Area

Subject: Marketing Communications Writer -- CA-Bay Area
From: Susan Gallagher <susan -at- LIVINGSTON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 13:45:22 -0700

Livingston Enterprises, Inc., a leader in Internet Based Access Solutions,
is looking for a full-time Marketing Communications Writer. Our products
include hardware and software solutions for Internet access, network
routing, system security, and network administration.

The ideal candidate will have:

- Fresh ideas
- Extensive knowledge of networking
- Experience with FrameMaker and graphics tools
- Ability to apply knowledge of the customer base to develop concise,
persuasive documents
- Ability to direct documents to a variety of users - networking novices,
system administrators, etc.
- A dynamic work style, quickly adapting documents to a changing customer base
- Ability to multi-task many projects and adhere to aggressive deadlines
- An assertive enough personality to get information from the people around you
- Time-management skills; there's no micro-management here
- The ability to accept criticism; your documents will pass through many hands
- A healthy sense of humor

You'll be working jointly with Technical Publications and the Marketing
department. You'll get to work on a wide variety of documents (white
papers, marketing glossies, application notes, newsletters, etc.), see the
products you're documenting, and get your hands on them. Documentation is
very valued here; quality work gets the respect it deserves.

ABOUT LIVINGSTON:
======================
We're located in Pleasanton, CA. Pleasanton is situated in the East Bay
Area -- south of Oakland, north of San Jose. About 45 min. drive from San
Francisco. It's a beautiful town, with rolling green hills, farmhouses, and
a quaint downtown area. If you're the right person for the job, we'll pay
to move you out here.

We offer a unique environment -- flexible working hours, informal dress
code, and a great deal of respect for documentation. You won't experience
patronizing attitudes when you ask questions -- instead, you'll be given
the info. you need to get the job done. For more info. on Livingston, see
http://www.livingston.com/.

TO APPLY:
======================
Email your ASCII or PostScript resume and cover letter to
resume -at- livingston -dot- com, or fax to 510-426-8951. The cover letter can
describe your ideal position or highlight what you think your key
qualifications are. Please keep in mind that we'll eventually need writing
samples.

We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.

NO HEADHUNTERS. NO CONTRACTORS. We're looking for employees-to-be ONLY!

--
Susan Gallagher Technical Publications
susan -at- livingston -dot- com Livingston Enterprises Inc.