Re: Contractors _ARE_ good people

Subject: Re: Contractors _ARE_ good people
From: Steve Shewchuk <sshewchu -at- IGOR -dot- UWI -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 08:38:16 -0700

Tim Alton said:

>The best of all
>worlds, of course, is highly-trained, experienced and knowledgable internal
>people who can blaze through projects and cost the company a minimal sum.
>But sadly, those characteristics don't occur together, so companies have to
>choose between them.

I find it interesting that, thus far in this limited discussion, the view
seems to be that internal people are less productive than contractors.
Being somewhat new to the business myself, I wonder if you good people
could tell me: is this the common view?

Personally, I don't feel too weighed down with "red tape" and such, but I
work for a small company with a fast pace.