Re: RoboHELP vs. Acrobat

Subject: Re: RoboHELP vs. Acrobat
From: Bill Bledsoe <bill -at- ENVISION -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 18:09:21 -0500

Rod,

Lost the original thread on this one, so sorry for the reposting of David's
message.

You have neglected to mention several items that could answer your
question. Who will view these documents? Will they all be Windows PC's?
(If no, then they can't read WinHelp documents like RoboHelp will produce)
Are hypertext linking and popups something you'd like to have... or are
they a need to have?

All in all, if your company is looking to slam documents online to fill a
check box, you don't want to mess with building WinHelp documents. Acrobat
will provide an image of your printed manuals online, with minimal
conversion problems. If you have time, and have the index/TOC set up in
your Word docs correctly, you can even have some neat bookmarks in your PDF
file when you're finished.

Now, ask me how effective I feel your company's efforts at online
publishing are going to be, given that your questions have indicated a
small interest in online design, and a large interest in schedule (
:-0hhhh nooo!!!! )

Regards,
Bill Bledsoe |
Technical Communicator | "I had a recent rhinoscopy
SQA MGR/Process Lead | so I could smell every
Envision Solutions | recipe"
bill -at- envision -dot- com | Adrian Belew/The Bears
or |
intlidox -at- anet-stl -dot- net |