Re: HTML Converter Comparison

Subject: Re: HTML Converter Comparison
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 09:46:11 +0000

Becca:

Thanks for the note. I also do not use converters as a rule,
but I know that my company is coming up on some jobs for our
client that will involve converting many documents. I am
generally happy working in HotDog, an HTML editor.

So far, you are the only person who has said that you've tried
Web Publisher. I hadn't heard about its love of the
definition list. Have you also tried HTML Transit? I'm not
yet convinced that Web Publisher is worth the price difference, and
I know that HTML Transit is good.

LaVonna

> >From Becca Price:

> I played with Web Publisher's trial copy. It's awfully nice, although
> it tends
> to put a lot of text into definition style (which gives your headers a
> nice
> hanging outdent in Netscape, but makes it hard if your browser
> interprets
> <DT><DD> tags as italics.). It struck me as high-priced (~$900 as I
> recall)
> but is a great time saver - if you like the <DD> and <DT> tags
> everywhere.

> so far I haven't seen a translator that I'd pay money for. (snip)

> Becca.

LaVonna F. Funkhouser lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com
COREComm Webmaster

http://www.corecomm.com/corecomm/