Mac Evangelist posting

Subject: Mac Evangelist posting
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 08:22:00 -0600

Tools _do_ matter, as any craftsman will tell you.

They certainly do. A good tool doesn't force you to do a good job; lousy
work can be turned in with the most marvelous of tools. Likewise, a good
job can be turned in using crude tools. But a good tool makes doing a good
job easier, which is a subtlety that seems to have escaped some folks on
this list.

As for evangelizing screwdrivers, well, I've not done that recently. But
chisels, saws, and especially planes? All the time. :{>} Anyone who thinks
there isn't a difference between tools (be they woodworking or cybernetic)
hasn't tried very many.

Yep, I can build a deck with a Stanley Contractor's screwdriver, but this
here Binford 8000 35-horse, variable speed, reversible, racheting,
chromeplated, pistol-grip, double-insulated <grunt, grunt, grunt>
screwshooter certainly makes it easier.

Have fun,
Arlen (AKA the Tool Man)
DNRC 224