Re: A variation on the pencil test

Subject: Re: A variation on the pencil test
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 11:06:44 -0500

>----------
>From: Anita/Jeff Fite[SMTP:ajfite -at- MAIL -dot- TELIS -dot- ORG]
>Sent: Monday, August 12, 1996 10:14 AM
>To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
>Subject: A variation on the pencil test

>Mine was a stapler. I got the job, too.

An excellent choice. Look at possible the topics.

- Inserting the staples

- Clearing a jam

- How to tell if I am almost out of staples

- Advantages, disadvantages, and applications of using the stapler in
open or
closed mode

- When to use a light-weight or a heavy-weight stapler

- Amount of force to apply; maybe even a force-to-number-of-papers being

stapled ratio

- How to avoid bent staples

- When is one staple enough? (topic is a little bit removed from the
focus of the
stapler - probably best as an addendum)

- Proper angle and grip on the stapler (both open and closed modes of
operation).

- Techniques for closing the stapler without ejecting a staple

- Staple specifications (length, point taper, material, stiffness, and
so forth).
Which staples work best with the stapler?

Mike Wing