HTML for Online Help

Subject: HTML for Online Help
From: Anne Weiler <annew -at- CHANCERY -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 10:20:29 -0700

Hi all

I posted a few weeks ago asking for people's experiences so far with using
HTML for online help. As promised, here's the summary:

-1 person doing it
-2 people planning it (3 if you include me)
-no one has found a browser that's particularly low on RAM
-the opportunities can be limitless (especially if you start using Java)

I also recently received some mail from Netscape announcing the beta
version of their "Net Help Software Development Kit." It's available for
download at http://home.netscape.com/eng/help/.

They've designed a sample help interface which looks suspiciously like
WinHelp but without any search capabilities.

So, not much to report.

Anne

--
Anne Weiler (annew -at- chancery -dot- com)
Media Development