Re: Word corruption fixups

Subject: Re: Word corruption fixups
From: Tim Owens <towens -at- BELLSOUTH -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 07:54:10 -0400

We've had problems with file corruption with Word 6.0 also (specifically
with large files).

Microsoft gave us this advice (it has worked on a couple of occasions):

1. Save the doc file as a Word 2.0 document. If the problem doesn't appear
in the 2.0 version, you might can
convert it back to 6.0.

2. To help prevent this problem in the future, be sure you do not use the
"Fast Save" feature. According to
Microsoft, you're more likely to encounter corruption if you use "Fast Save"
with large documents.

Good luck,

Tim Owens
BellSouth