Re: Role of technical Writers

Subject: Re: Role of technical Writers
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 15:34:00 -0600

Is it more important to uphold the integrity of the language in our
communications or to do whatever it takes to most clearly communicate
the facts? (I'm assuming there are times when it isn't possible to do
both).

The last point is where we might disagree, Chris. I think it's always
possible to communicate clearly by using the language properly; in fact, I
think it's usually *easier* than not using it properly.

The purpose of language is communication. If it doesn't communicate
properly, it isn't correct language. So when you're saying "uphold the
integrity of the language," what langauge and what integrity are you talking
about?

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224