Electronic Mentoring Project, Take Two

Subject: Electronic Mentoring Project, Take Two
From: "Roberta J. Kirby-Werner" <rjkirby -at- MAILBOX -dot- SYR -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 12:38:17 -0400

Hi, everyone. I'm writing to invite your participation in a "new and
improved" mentoring project I've decided to sponsor in my Professional and
Technical Communication classes at Syracuse University this fall. (I was
hesitant to run this project again because of the number of students in my
classes and the difficulty I anticipated managing the project, but the
positive response to my recent post re: reading/writing connections in
techcomm classes and specific suggestions for assignments have revealed
for me ways to define the project more effectively *and* make it
manageable.)

So, if you're interested in sharing your insights and expertise with
undergraduate students probably receiving their first exposure to
techcomm, please let me know. AND I ESPECIALLY WELCOME THOSE OF YOU WHO
PARTICIPATED LAST YEAR. YOU WERE GREAT! I'll follow up with more details
once I compile a good list of participants.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Bobbi
rjkirby -at- mailbox -dot- syr -dot- edu