RoboHELP vs. Acrobat

Subject: RoboHELP vs. Acrobat
From: Rod Reicks <RSC!RSC!RODR -at- SCC -dot- ATTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 16:39:00 +0000

We are about to convert about a dozen printed manuals (averaging about
500 pages each)
into online documents. The source files are Word .DOC files. We have a
very short
turnaround time (about two weeks) and are considering using either
RoboHELP to create
.HLP files or Acrobat to create PDF files. Can anyone help steer us
toward one product
instead of the other? What are the pros and cons of each approach? Are
there drawbacks
to either product? From a cost standpoint, the products are essentially
a draw. The
documentation we're converting is mostly reference material and is quite
technical.
Cross-platform access isn't important as we're strictly Windows-based.
If you can offer
some advice, please reply soon. We must make a decision and a purchase
by Tuesday.
Thanks,
Rod Reicks