Adobe PDF as Web solution (was: PageMaker to HTML)

Subject: Adobe PDF as Web solution (was: PageMaker to HTML)
From: "Joseph F. Fournier II" <jfourni -at- COMP -dot- UARK -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 09:22:30 -0500

I've had problems with PDF files exported from PageMaker 6.0 on the Mac.
When I view the files on the Windows platform (Netscape), they don't load
as PDF files. I may be doing something wrong in configuring the viewer or
in the export...I don't know. (I have checked the obvious things such as
helper applications/file extensions setup.)

The same files appear as expected on the Macintosh platform.

I would love to use PDF as a delivery method for the web, but only about
20 percent of my customers use Macs and only about half of those have
systems powerful enough to retrieve PDF files over the web. That leave
about 90 percent of my customers unserved by this approach.

My $ 0.02. Joe