Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 29 Jul 1996 to 30 Jul 1996

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 29 Jul 1996 to 30 Jul 1996
From: Marilyn Barrett O'Leary <moleary -at- LSUVM -dot- SNCC -dot- LSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 08:02:36 +0100

>From: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- EXPLORERS -dot- COM>
>Subject: Certification

>Hello one and all.

>I was wondering if anyone had heard any news lately on the topic of certifying
>Technical Comminicators. One reason I am asking is because I am curious. The
>second reason is to start a new topic of discussion, after all the recent
>banter about spaces, buttons and note-taking. :-)

>Have a nice day.

I've been off line for a day, so this response may be redundant, but
certifying technical communicators would be a monumental task. We perform
a broad range of tasks using different programs and in a multitude of
disciplines and industries. It might be helpful, however, to actually
define the term into categories, something like engineers are defined as
ME, ChE, EE, etc. so that we could begin to think about certification in
smaller categories.

Okay, that's enough. Work to be done. Have a nice day.

Marilyn

Marilyn Barrett O'Leary
Louisiana Sea Grant College Program
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-7507
504-388-6349
moleary -at- lsuvm -dot- sncc -dot- lsu -dot- edu