Re: Word for Windows

Subject: Re: Word for Windows
From: Susan Self <t_sself -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 14:16:03 -0700

Michael Krigsman wrote about the differences between Word 6 and Word 7:

>The file formats of the two programs are the same. The macro language has
>changed a little. There are some user interface changes. The RTF format has
changed a bit. Some people may disagree, but despite some improvements and
>new features, Word 7 is similar in functionality to Word 6.0c. If you want
>to use something like the latest version of RoboHelp, then I'm pretty sure
>you don't have a choice about upgrading.

Does anyone know if Word 7 supports the importing of GIF files?
My workplace uses both Word and FrameMaker. I would like to be able to use GIF
files for FrameMaker paper documents, FrameViewer online documentation, and
HTML documents. However, we have a problem with people using Word not being
able to use the same images as is. (Of course, we could convert them to TIFF
or some other format.) Any ideas when Microsoft Word might catch up to
FrameMaker in this area?

Thanks,
Susan Self
t_sself -at- qualcomm -dot- com