Tech Writer as Webmaster -Reply

Subject: Tech Writer as Webmaster -Reply
From: Bill Sullivan <bsullivan -at- SMTPLINK -dot- DELTECPOWER -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 12:57:00 -0700

>> What do y'all think?

I think that one of these days somebody is going to wake up and say:
Gadzooks, there are a gadzillion web pages out there, and nobody has
time to load them all, much less read them, so I better offer
something in mine that will make people want to load it. Create a
frenzy, in other words. And frenzy creators will emerge.

I can't tell you anything about these frenzy creators or what they
will know about website technology. My guess is that they will more
resemble Ted Geisel (whom you probably remember as Dr. Seuss), or an
ad writer such as Howard Gossage, or possibly an editor like Harold
Ross or Helen Gurley Brown, or maybe a bandmaster like Lawrence Welk
or Arthur Fiedler, or maybe just the Pied Piper of Hamelin. A little
of the P.T.Barnum, if you will.

Bill Sullivan
bsullivan -at- deltecpower -dot- com
San Diego, California