My Editor Forbids spaces, apostrophes, punctuation, etc

Subject: My Editor Forbids spaces, apostrophes, punctuation, etc
From: Randy Grandle <randy -dot- grandle -at- CORP -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 07:24:07 GMT

My editor has convinced my manager that spaces, apostrophes, and punctuation
marks in general are outmoded relics of an era when typewriters were commonly
used for technical documentation. Moreover, my editor has pointed out that
eliminating spaces, apostrophes, and punctuation marks will save disk space on
our department's already bulging hard drives. My manager heartily agreed with
my editor and ordered the immediate revision of our companies 5 million page
document library.

At first I opposed these new style guidelines that eliminate all instances of
spaces, apostrophes, and punctuation marks. It meant I would have to work
around the clock for the next 10 years to make our documentation conform to
the new style guidelines. 10 years without sleep was not a pleasant thought.

However, after some more reflection, I realized that this made perfect sense
in a twisted and warped sort of way. I realized that job security is more
important than readable documentation any day! Still got to pay the bills...

LongliveeditorialfiatandcapriceandmoronicmanagersDontyoujustlovethisjob