Re: note taking

Subject: Re: note taking
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 16:47:24 -0400

>The PMs would love to have the notes from, say, a morning session,
>available in the afternoon. I have expressed my doubts about the
>possibility of this, using the methods described above.

There is a neat scribe system (developed at Xerox, I think) that does
exactly that. I've talked with someone who uses it a lot, and trains
scribes for groups/teams both withing Xerox, and at customer sites.

The software (run on a laptop with an LCD projector) makes it easy to track
discussion points, decisions, action items, unresolved issues, etc. I
think it can even be connected to those automated white-boards, so that
that stuff can be included as an attachment to the meeting notes.

I suppose it's expensive, but considering the amount of time you're
spending on this (and not available for productive work), your company
might want to consider it. I'll contact my contact (heh-heh) tonight and
see if I can get more details---like the name of the thang? (braindead.
i'm braindead. she just told me about it last week!)

LIFE1: Technical writing, editing and document design
MasterWork Consulting Services katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
Health info service mediref -at- mcls -dot- rochester -dot- lib -dot- ny -dot- us
LIFE2: Vocal chamber music PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com