Re: USAGE: screwdriver

Subject: Re: USAGE: screwdriver
From: Lars Helge Semb <lhs -at- VINGMED -dot- NO>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 01:25:41 +0200

Brian wrote:

>... Suggestions include
> standard screwdriver
> slotted screwdriver
> straight slot screwdriver

I think all these names is understood here in Norway by most tech people.

>for one type and
> Phillips screwdriver (which is like the Allen wrench scenario)
> crosshead screwdriver
> x-head screwdriver
> cross slot screwdriver

For the x-head type, I think "Phillips screwdriver" is the best term. I've
checked my toolbox and
found two Phillips screwdrivers, the bigger one is marked with the vendor's
name and partnumber
and also: "PHILLIPS NO 3" (it is produced in Sweden).

But, here in Scandinavia we also have an other type x-head screwdrivers
called "Pozidrive". These screwdrivers should be used for Pozidrive screws
only.

Lars H.

Lars Helge Semb
- Technical Writer / Engineer
-- Vingmed Sound A/S, Norway
-- Internet (office): <lhs -at- vingmed -dot- no> - (home): <larshese -at- login -dot- eunet -dot- no>