New lamps for old

Subject: New lamps for old
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 14:35:25 -0700

>I am, with great glee, removing FrameMaker in favor of WinWord from my
>new department. I am only producing CRC for reproduction with paper
>plates and don't need to have fancy electronic files.

Despite the paper plates, you're in for no picnic. You may rue the day you
did this.

In general, it's a bad idea to make sweeping changes in your "new
department" until you've spent a lot of time understanding how and why
things are done now.

It's a big temptation to throw out a tool you have to learn in favor of one
you already know well. Don't give in to it. Wait until you really understand
the FrameMaker operation inside out. Then consider making changes. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer
srm -at- c2 -dot- org Copyright 1996 Review Editor, IEEE Micro
http://www.c2.org/~srm/ All rights reserved President, Berkeley STC