Step up to the podium, please

Subject: Step up to the podium, please
From: Joan Francuz <jfrancuz -at- AMUG -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 20:08:49 -0700

You're writers. You're online. You're savvy. I see you discuss mostly
important topics every day. What about sharing your experiences with other
writers -- in person? We're looking for papers, panel discussions, workshops,
progressions, and demonstrations for the Writing and Editing portion of
next year's Society for Technical Communication (STC) conference.

The deadline for submissions is August 1. To see the call for papers, check
the STC web site at http://www.stc.org/. Any questions about possible
topics, please email Joan Francuz (jfrancuz -at- amug -dot- org) or Jennifer Jackson
(ejc -at- astral -dot- magic -dot- ca) and we'll talk offline.

Next year's conference is in Toronto, a delightfully international city.
(Think New York City run by the Swiss.) Don't you want to be there at a
real podium?