Re: LISTBIZ: Include E-Mail address!

Subject: Re: LISTBIZ: Include E-Mail address!
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 08:14:03 HST

I don't really remember this very well, today, but I think there's a SET
command you can send the listserver that changes the e-mail headers it sends to
you. I think the command is something like SET <list name> IETFHDR. I did that
on one list I'm on, and that changed the addresses shown/used by the
Reply/Reply to All options in Eudora. (Don't know how Exchange might react.)
You might try that. (I'd make another suggestion here, but I don't feel like
starting a flame war!)

David Jones, Technical Writer
David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com
Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate

DISCLAIMER:
"I do not speak for my employer, my computer, or any other living thing."

To: TECHWR-L @ LISTSERV.OKSTATE.EDU (Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L) @
Internet
cc: (bcc: David Jones/KSBEISD)
From: kentn @ METRIX-INC.COM (Kent Newton) @ Internet @ DATAHUB
Date: 07/18/96 12:50:00 PM

On Thursday, July 18, 1996 10:29 AM, Bev Parks wrote:
>Mike and others using MS Exchange:

>I use MS Exchange, too. If you highlight the From addressee in the
header
>of the received message, then press the right mouse button and select
>Properties, you will see the sender's email address. You can then copy
>and paste it into a reply message. (Or add it to your address book.)

>I know that the From address doesn't look like an area you can
manipulate
>because it is not in a text box, but try it, it works!

I've down this path before, and when you check the properties of a
message from TECHWR-L, this is what you get:

You *do not* get the email address of the original poster. That
information is lost in Exchange!

Kent
====

Kent Newton