Frame, Word & Acrobat

Subject: Frame, Word & Acrobat
From: Teresa Conroy <Teresa -dot- Conroy -at- MARCAM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 13:15:20 -0400

I am the only tech writer at a small software company and I'm looking
for some advice.

I recently completed a manual (about 125 pages) in FrameMaker 5.0. I
just found out that our training department wants this manual
converted to MS Word, because no one can see or print the document in
Frame.

I suggested we purchase Adobe Acrobat. I explained the many uses and
benefits of using the portable document files, but I think my
suggestions are falling on deaf ears.

I guess I have two questions:

1) Has anyone successfully converted a Frame Document to a word
document, and what do I need in order to do this (filters) ???

2) How much work will be involved??

3) Can anyone help me come up with a convincing argument for going
with Adobe Acrobat??

If you don't want to clog the list, you can email me privately at

Teresa -dot- Conroy -at- Marcam -dot- com

Thanks.
Terri