Re: Worst Documentation and Other Clowns

Subject: Re: Worst Documentation and Other Clowns
From: "Bernard A. McCann" <bi975 -at- FREENET -dot- CARLETON -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 20:34:14 GMT

(alsacien -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il) writes:

snip, snip ...

> really has ended! However, what the market demands is what we do,
> right? I've yet to see the technical writer who'll forego a contract
> because the client wants single spaces after the periods!

> - Moshe

NO, NO ... NO!

Perhaps, when a client prefers a single space following a period, but to
say, "... what the market demands is what we do, right?" is missing the
point of being a PROFESSIONAL writer, surely?

When the client is a non-language professional, it is our DUTY to inform
and educate, and to explain that although it may be a "living" language,
we will not reduce it to total jargon and slang, etc.

One wonders if all technical writers are language professionals today?

Bernie

--
_/
_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ "Caesar had perished from the world of men