Re: Spacing in general.

Subject: Re: Spacing in general.
From: "Cheverie, Paul [Cont]" <paul -dot- cheverie -at- GPO -dot- CANADA -dot- CDEV -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 10:37:00 EDT

Having dealt with military clients with too much time and too little to do,
I understand your problems with some of the "professionals" in the house of
many corners and I sympathize. There isn't much else anyone can do when
everyone and his dog has a say in a document. The only solution is to find
useful employment for these people, but that I'm afraid is beyond the scope
of this list.
Best of Luck
Paul C
paul -dot- cheverie -dot- -at- gpo -dot- canada -dot- cdev -dot- com
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Date: Tuesday, July 16, 1996 8:53AM

>>Sure, style and typesetting issues can affect readability, but the
ability to distinguish important information from unimportant
information is a much more valuable quality in a writer. Think about it.

If you honestly believe that these issues are as important as some of
you are making them out to be, I suggest you look into another line of
work.<<

Unfortunately, some of the folks I work for *make* sentence spacing an
issue! There are people at the 5-sided building who will send a
document back for corrections just because they can't detect an extra
space where they think one should go. What's this term ... anal
retentive? It is a matter of style, but, as I said before, IMO, it's a
time-wasting style element that serves no purpose, and I, for one, would
like to change it where it is used!

Diane Williams--
suffering from space sickness