software-eng-ese

Subject: software-eng-ese
From: Sheila Brennan <sheilab -at- BERLIOZ -dot- NSC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 17:40:05 PDT

Help! I need a source for information on vocabulary and syntax specific to software development documentation. Example: instantiate is not a word in english but in the software development world it means something. Another one is uniquify! I don't know if this is an error made by a non-native english speaking engineer or is a bona fide term in this business.
I have just been thrust into this field (I was writing Semicon. fab equipment manuals) and need a little help with the terminology.
If you know of any on-line or paper resources, please e-mail me at one of the addresses below.

Sheila Brennan

sheilab -at- berlioz -dot- nsc -dot- com
or
sbrennan -at- hooked -dot- net