FrameMaker vs. PageMaker

Subject: FrameMaker vs. PageMaker
From: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- EXPLORERS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 20:01:07 -0400

Hello Fellow Techwhirlers,

I'm going to ask what may seem a silly question, but I need to get some information.

What is the big difference between PageMaker and FrameMaker? Are they each better
suited to publishing different types of documents? A while back, I thought that they
were competing products, but then Adobe acquired Frame.

Is one "higher-end" than the other? My company uses PageMaker. We are running v.
5.0 in Windows 3.1. We have purchased the 6.0 upgrade, but it has yet to be
installed. (And I am also waiting patiently to upgrade to Win95). Being the only
writer, I want to know as much as I can about the tools that can help me accomplish
the tasks set before me.

If any of you can shed some light on PM vs. FM, I would appreciate it. If you wish
not to clutter up the list, send comments directly to me at:
keegan -at- explorers -dot- com

Thanks for your help.

Kim Keegan
keegan -at- explorers -dot- com