Re: Re[2]: Technical Writer murdered in Boston's South End

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Technical Writer murdered in Boston's South End
From: John Posada <John_Posada -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 11:55:59 -0400

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

---- William Shakespeare; Hamlet

John Posada
Technical Proposal Writer
Bell Communications Research, Piscataway, NJ
(908) 699-5839 (W)
jposada -at- notes -dot- cc -dot- bellcore -dot- com (W)

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that
one word is 'to be prepared'"
- Vice President Dan Quayle 11/30/1988
I don't speak for my employer and they return the favor

Not that I want to continue this quasi-off-topic thread, but when I
see such a jolting subject line in my in-box first thing in the
morning in my Boston office, I feel compelled to reply.

Yes, the murder was unfortunate and sad. But PLEASE don't get the
idea that Boston is an unsafe place to live or visit. Yes, it is a
major city with all the usual hazards, but I'd hate people on this
list or anywhere else to associate Boston with violent crime based on
this incident.

I've worked in downtown Boston for ten years without incident and enjoy the
many positive things it has to offer on a daily basis.

Now back to regularly-scheduled TECHWR-L topics...

Brett Peruzzi
First Data Investor Services
Boston, MA
Brett -dot- Peruzzi -at- fdc-invest -dot- com

**Speaking for MYSELF ONLY--not my employer, not the Boston Chamber of
Commerce--just ME!**