Re: Fonts and other arguable issues

Subject: Re: Fonts and other arguable issues
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 08:12:12 -0500

<Marketing pitch deleted>

>FM isn't perfect, but nothing is, not even email. But on balance, it's
>the power choice.

If you are not inspired by a vested interest in FrameMaker, will you
honestly post what you consider the 5 biggest deficiencies of FrameMaker
>to this forum?

>May I suggest that if you were having problems with FrameMaker, that it
>might be due to insufficient training in it? Most companies that offer
>training only present canned knowledge, rather than company-specific
>situations.

Again, I never said FrameMaker was not powerful or the wrong choice. In
fact, it would be my choice. I stated a few deficiencies that I have
noticed and said it is not intuitive. With sufficient training, a
person may be able to perform open-heart surgery. However, I would not
>call performing surgery intuitive.

>Tim Altom

Mike Wing

_/
_/ Michael Wing
_/ Principal Technical Writer
_/ Jupiter Customization and Educational Services
_/ Intergraph Corporation
_/ 730-7250
_/ mjwing -at- ingr -dot- com
_/