Re: Making the reader work hard and not enjoy it -Reply

Subject: Re: Making the reader work hard and not enjoy it -Reply
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- LGC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 15:56:29 -0500

Bill Sullivan wrote:

> It's interesting because my manager, speaking from the viewpoint of
> the company, wants me to first focus on accuracy and completeness
> before making sure the information is easy to find and understand,
> and the language polished.

I don't mean for this to sound snide, but frankly I'm at a loss to
understand why accuracy and polished language don't go hand in hand. Is
"making sure the information is easy to find and understand" an
optional, secondary step in the writing process?
--
Stephen P. Victor svictor -at- lgc -dot- com
Landmark Graphics Corporation svictor -at- compassnet -dot- com