Re: Scope of TW

Subject: Re: Scope of TW
From: KnoxML1 -at- TEOMAIL -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 13:15:07 EST

Quote (source unknown):
>More importantly, not all technical writers document computer-related
>information.

to which Scott Metsger replies:
>Hmm ... Hard to imagine based upon the content of messages here. Anybody do
>medical or scientific writing?

I edit scientific papers & write marketing materials about the R&D that goes on
at the Lab where I work (some of it's pretty impressive stuff). Techwrlers do
seem supremely unaware sometimes that some of us *don't* write computer
documentation or on-line help. (Or maybe I'm the only one who donesn't?) {:-)

Reading this list makes me wonder not only how I lucked out enough to get the
world's most interesting job, but also if I may have the last job of its type in
existence?

margaret -dot- knox -at- jhuapl -dot- edu