ALink Macros from a SHG File

Subject: ALink Macros from a SHG File
From: Michael Wing <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 09:12:04 -0500

Has anyone successfully used an ALink macro call from a SHG
hypergraphic? Is this even possible?

My situation is this - I am writing a programmer's automation reference
guide for a series of applications which are comprised of applets. To
accommodate the multiple configuration possibilities (and
context-sensitivity), I am using multiple help files and mapping
information. The top level object of the hierarchy is dynamic. That
is, the product can have one or several applications which all interact
and branch from this top level object.

What I would like to do is assign an ALink to the top object in the
object diagram (shg file) that lists all the main application topics
contained in the user's configuration (using an A footnote value).
Because winhelp creates ALinks dynamically, jumps from the object
diagram's top-level object are flexible.

Any insight into what I'm up against is appreciated.

Mike Wing

_/
_/ Michael Wing
_/ Principal Technical Writer
_/ Jupiter Customization and Educational Services
_/ Intergraph Corporation
_/ 730-7250
_/ mjwing -at- ingr -dot- com
_/