Re: Handbood for poof readers: The Final Chapter

Subject: Re: Handbood for poof readers: The Final Chapter
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 11:51:15 -0800

On Tue, 18 Jun 1996 08:32:49 +0000, Tracy Boyington wrote:

>> What on earth is a Russian unit of weight (approx 36 pounds) doing in an
>> English spellchecker that can't recognize a simple four-letter word like
>> 'poof'. Any kid who's ever read the illustrated edition of Cinderella
>> knows what 'poof' means! It's the sound the pumpkin makes when the fairy
>> godmother waves her wand and turns the veggie into a fancy coach surrounded
>> by a cloud of stardust. Geeesh!

>Hey, Kat, you think that's bad -- the spellchecker that comes with
>the web authoring software HotDot Pro does not recognize the word
>"internet."

Okay, okay, okay. I have one better.

Everybody... take a close look at the subject line of this message (no,
I have not changed it from what it's been for a couple days now ;-)

BTW, Tracy... does HotDot only create speckled web pages?

Sorry, I had to throw that in. It's amusing to see so many typos and
the like in a thread on proofreading and proofreaders.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
"Maybe all I need, besides my pills and surgery,
is a new metaphor for... reality." -- Queensryche

Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Next Level
Productions, or anyone else of sound mind from this planet or dimension!

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net